Super Easy, Slow-Cooked Southwest Chicken

I love food.

I love my slow-cooker.

Can you tell where this is going?

:)

I got a slow-cooker as a wedding gift. My mom uses her slow-cooker a lot. I learned.

Admittedly, it took me a long time to learn how to cook. Three years ago I couldn't boil water, was terrified of cooking chicken, and was afraid the oven would jump up and burn me if I opened the door. I also thought that if you strayed from what the recipe said, it would all turn out horribly and would be a waste.

I've learned a lot since then... :)

Shortly after we moved to Michigan, Josh went out and bought me a cookbook. A lovely, wonderful cookbook.


Mmmm...
Taste of Home; Slow Cooker
403 Recipes for today's one-pot meals
Yum!

I made this several nights ago, and it was so easy, and so yummy that I had to share with everyone!
...and I admit, I also discovered The Pioneer Woman and I love how she writes and cooks and shares! [insert mildly embarrassed smile] :j

Anyways, the recipe.

You will need:
A crockpot....
This is my beauty. I love it. I use it all the time.


The recipe...


That's page 141 in the Taste of Home cookbook. :)

Southwest Chicken
(printable recipe here)
See how easy that is?
In a word - DELICIOUS!

I think next time I might try it wrapped in a flour tortilla with a little lime juice... :)

Labels: ,