Summer Solstice

June 21st marked the first official day of summer, according to the calendar. A time of sunshine, tan lines, bare feet, cookouts, sleeping in, tubing, and the beach.

If you have all of that, that is.

Here in Michigan, it's sitting in the 60's. And it's raining.

I'm currently wearing jeans, a sweater, and my favorite socks. They're big, fluffy, purple, and most importantly, warm.


Let me remind you that it is almost July.

...

Don't get me wrong, I love cold days.

And gray days.

And rainy days.

And even cold, gray, rainy days.

Just not cold, gray, rainy days in June.

I am, however, grateful for the cold and the rain, since it has been known (even in my short tenure here) to get hot and humid during the summer.


The airport is SOAKING wet...

Needless to say, there hasn't been a whole lot of flying going on for anyone.

Although, when Josh does get to fly, they get a lot of what they call "actual" time. Since he's working on his instrument stuff, he doesn't need to see more than the instruments in the cockpit. So they go up and punch holes in the clouds, and don't have to wear the "foggles" (kind of like blinders for a horse) in order to limit their vision to the instruments.

Josh and I have been using these cold, gray, rainy days to go through all of the seasons of Doctor Who and Top Gear on Netflix.

Now we say things like "proper," "sorted," "brilliant," and "FAN-tastic!"

That's what you get for watching 90% British television.

Oh, well... We're having fun with it.

So for now, I'll just keep warm and enjoy the cold and the rain. Because as soon as we're in Florida, where it's hot, I know I'll wish for a few days of cold and rain to break up the heat and make it more bearable.

...

...but until we get to that point, here's some pictures from last summer to brighten this cold, gray, rainy day. :)









Hope your summer is off to a great start! Stay warm (or cool), depending on where in this lovely world of ours that you call home. :)

Labels: , ,