Chicken Piccata with Spinach

It's the middle of the week, it's hotter than a firecracker, and you don't feel like spending a ton of time in the kitchen. Yep, I know the feeling, and I've been on the hunt for recipes that: 1) aren't super heavy (it's way too hot for that), and 2) don't take a long time to cook. This is one of our favorites, and it fits both summertime food requirements.

If you like chicken, and pasta, and garlic, and spinach. You're going to love this recipe, too! I found it in a Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade magazine, and have adapted it to fit my tastes.

My dad loves this dish, and now, so does my husband! I think this is the second or third time I've made it (by request!) in all our three months of marriage. It's simple to make with ingredients most likely in your pantry anyways (which means it's cheap! :D), and it looks pretty, too! I use chicken breasts instead of turkey, no capers, and less parsley than called for (but it's good with more parsley, too). Try it next time you don't feel like spending a long time in the kitchen; and let me know what you think!

Chicken Piccata with Spinach
(printable recipe here)

Labels: ,