Lovely Life

Yesterday was gorgeous. Not too hot, not too cold, just a little humid, and a little breezy. This, I am told, is true Michigan summer.

I laid in a patch of sun on the couch with all the windows open and just read, and read, and read...

It was glorious.

Yesterday evening was also a cookout + fellowship time for the flight school at the home of one of the intern's parents. I think they do it every year, but I'm not sure.

When we got there, I was nearly skipping with joy for how beautiful it was.

It was so lovely that I wanted to run around taking pictures of everything, and pretend that I'm a photographer. Unfortunately, my plan was abruptly and not at all nicely changed.

Hello, my name is Erin, and I am a dodo head.

I forgot to put the memory card back in the camera.

I did, however, manage to take a few pictures with my phone. So all was not lost forever.


This is their pond. Complete with diving board and zipline. Perfect view of the corn fields, dairy farm, garden, and the red, dirt road winding its way towards the house.

We brought sweet tea. Real sweet tea.

Josh has become quite famous around here for his sweet tea. It was the talk of the party. "Is this real sweet tea?!"

We rounded off the evening with a game of volleyball. Our team lost 2 out of 3 games. But we had a lot of fun doing it!


This cutey watched us play, and attempted to attack the ball whenever it came towards her. For someone who doesn't like cats, I sure do love kittens...

Then it was windows down and radio up for the drive home; passing corn fields, strawberry fields, and gorgeous farm houses with barns.

I can't tell you how full my heart was after such a lovely time at such a lovely place. I've always been (and always will be) a country girl. Last night was right up my alley.

It's a lovely life I lead. :)

Labels: , ,