DropDown Menu

Sep 7, 2011

Schedules

We have been extremely, let me say it again, extremely blessed.

I know this post is late; I think I might have to start writing later during the day, or at least more sporadically. Maybe after you read this, you'll understand why and forgive me!

This week I got a phone call from the school where I had applied for a teacher's position. If you're surprised, imagine how I felt! I was extremely discouraged after I applied, but the interview was more than encouraging - I got the job! It's not the one I applied for, but I am so excited about it.


Basically, I'll be a teacher's aide at the school. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7:30 am - 2:30 pm. It's a Montessori-style school, which creates a unique learning atmosphere that is specific to each student, maximizing their learning potential.

On one hand, I feel extremely blessed to be working so hard. On the other hand, I also feel a tiny bit guilty because there are so many people close to me who have no jobs, yet here I am with three (Teacher's Aide, Dance, VS). Please pray that I will be able to manage my time efficiently and not get overwhelmed or sick from always being on the go.


Josh got a notice today that Immigration received our application for the temporary work permit. We don't know how long it will take for them to process, or when we will hear about the next step, but at least we're making progress.

Until then, Josh has been studying a lot lately, and is hoping to take his CFI written test in the next week or two. He's been working very hard, and has been putting up with my crazy schedule. Please pray that he will be able to pass his tests, that the paperwork will move along quickly, and that our schedules will be such that we are not constantly running in opposite directions all the time.

Be sure to look for that recipe sometime in the next week; it's seriously amazing.