Gone Camping + Veteran's Day

My week was a little bit miserable.

I got sick. Again. Not the same thing that I had before, which lasted almost 2 weeks, but just your every day cold. It still was rather inconvenient. Me and isolation from society (even to prevent the spread of germs) are not friends. At all.


Just wanted to give you a shout out before I lose myself in the woods. Camping.

It's our youth group's 2nd annual camping trip. Last year we had a ball; and this year looks promising as well. We'll be gone through Sunday.


And just like last year, the weather was in the upper 70's (aka. gorgeous!) all week long. Last night it dipped into upper 30's, and there should be a nice layer of frost when we wake up tomorrow morning. All part of the experience, right?


By the way, I seem to have been bitten by the crafty bug. I made this headband (okay not this one exactly, but one very similar to it), and started a 30 day photo-challenge. Poor Josh...

That headband is gorgeous, right? Hang tight, and I'll do a whole post about how I did it!

Don't forget to hug your soldier, or think about honoring our veteran's and current service men and women in another way. They are the reason that we can speak English, sleep on our own soil with no war in our backyards, and live freely.

Happy Veteran's Day, and Happy Camping!

Labels: , ,