Thanksgiving + You Are You

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you had a wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable day filled with family, blessings, and just being you. I know I did.

The day before Thanksgiving we went to a friend's house to celebrate our "little sister" Christina's birthday. It was nice to just unwind with friends. Conversation covered everything from Facebook to socks, communion to sound systems, and everything in between. What can I say?


Our Thanksgiving was spent at my parent's house with my family and one of my brother's friends. We ate lots of food, which I did not cook (I'm actually quite disappointed about that...) Then we found a Muppet's Movie Marathon on tv, and the child in me reveled in every note of Muppet Treasure Island; when that was over, we watched Sister Act, and all danced to "Shout!"

Friday dawned bright and early; although, not as early for me as for others who were up nearly all night shopping. I worked my last for VS. It was crazy, busy, bizarre, and the longest day ever in the retail world. I'm very glad it's over.


Just thought you might need a reminder to be you. It's really the best thing you can do for you.

And that is way too important to ever forget. :)


By the way, I found an easier way for you to keep up with my 30 Day Photo Challenge... Check it out! I'm planning on doing one for December, too. So keep checking back!

Josh and I are going to decorate for Christmas on Friday. I'm kind of really excited about it; it's our first Christmas as a married couple, and I think that's super sweet and special. We're keeping everything very simple, homey, and definitely not fussy. I hate fussy.

I hope you've had a wonderful week of just being you. :)

Labels: , ,