Filled With Joy + Disguised Blessings

image via Pinterest

It feels like spring has finally sprung here in the Sunshine State. Maybe I'm rushing it, and I'm sure it will get colder as we go through the next few months, but right now, I'm going to bask in the gloriousness of it.

So, right after I wrote my last post about wanting a garden, Josh came home, we talked, and he gave me an ultimatum.

A garden, or a puppy. What did I choose?

image via Pinterest

I chose a garden (yay!) and yesterday we went to the Humane Society to look at and love on puppies from a distance. So now, I am happily planning my garden, choosing seeds, and picking pots. I'm very excited! I'll definitely keep you updated on my progress.

Josh has had a busy week working with several students, and he has several more incoming students for the next few weeks, including some quick-turn students. Quick-turn students are students that have to be taken from non-pilot to private pilot in about 2 weeks, by the way. It means longer work days and some late nights, but the increased hours mean increased pay, too. Blessing in disguise, in my opinion.

image via Katy Daisy

I've recently been challenged to be more joyful and prayerful. I've let life bog me down to the point that staying positive is not impossible, just not always easy. I worry more, pray less, and overall don't seem my normal, cheery self. So, I'm going to start a prayer journal, since I have the unfortunate tendency of falling asleep when I pray, kinda like the apostles did at Gethsemane (the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak). Maybe if I can cast my cares and fears at His feet and actually see it in writing, it will help me to leave them at His feet. My hope is that a by-product of this will be more noticeable joy in my every day life (and take out two challenges with one shot!).


image via Pinterest

I'm not sure how many of you know about my headaches, so I'll just tell you briefly. I frequently have headaches and migraines, often to the point of tears. We've tried tracking what I eat, drinking more water, taking more vitamins, and all to no avail.

This past week, I went to the eye doctor to hear what he might say. He told me that I need reading glasses. My eyes, you see, are overachievers. They over-focus (accommodative spasm for you Googlers out there), which means that I use every muscle my eyes posses to look at a book in my hand, even though I don't need to. Lord willing, this will stop my headaches. While I didn't originally like the idea of getting glasses at age 20, I consider this a blessing in disguise.

image via Style Me Pretty/Aaron Delesie

This next week seems to be pretty normal, with not a whole lot packed into it, except for Josh's quick-turn students. So hopefully that will give us some time to relax, and remember how lovely life is, that it doesn't have to be a blur of craziness, and that everything can fill you with joy.  :o)

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Labels: , ,