Happy Happenings


image via Ella Bella Floral

Happy Sunday! Our week has been really nice (with the exception of this weekend's round of flu-fighting, and car-fixing). Josh was able to get our taxes done, which is a big weight off of his shoulders; and I was able to get my prayer time in, using my new prayer journal to full advantage. There's been a noticeable difference in my mood, and I find it easier to get up in the morning and get through my day; plus I don't get bogged down in the little things that used to pull me down into "the depths of despair."

(Name that movie...)
left to right: Erin, Pastor Carl, Josh
I've had some requests for more pictures of us, so I want you to know that I do listen! This is something that I didn't get a chance to share earlier. Josh and I are now officially members of our church! We finished the whole class, and stood in front of the congregation two Sundays ago and took our membership vows. Even though we already knew that we are members of THE Church, we feel that it's important to be members of a physical church, too. And now we are!




Yes, I'm the ding dong who takes corny, thumbs-up self-portraits walking out of the polls. I got the opportunity this week to use my citizenship to full advantage for the first time - I voted! Our Florida primaries were on the last day of January, and I was able to cast my vote for the candidate whom I believe would be a good President. It feels good to be empowered!

Oh, and those glasses on my face... yep, those are the newest addition to my reading wardrobe. What do you think? I quite like them, and think they make me look studious. Also, my headaches have just about stopped. Praise the Lord!


image via FatMumSlim

Found this photo challenge on Pinterest, and since I had so much fun with the last one I did, I decided to try this one, too. So far, I'm having a lot of fun with it. You can follow along with me here, or here. The rules are easy: everything is up for interpretation and it should be fun. If you're doing a challenge, too, please share - I would love to see!

I've been doing a lot of thinking about this blog, and I'd love to step it up a notch and make it a bit nicer, because let's face it - you guys are worth it! I've got some secrety-secret stuff planned behind the scenes, so keep your eyes open to see what changes.

If you have any suggestions on things you want to see changed (or not changed!), just give me a shout out!

Have a lovely week!

Labels: