Spring Fever + Busy Weekends


image via Little Things Studio


Anyone who's been around me the last week will tell you - I have a terrible case of Spring Fever. This is compounded by the fact that all of the Anne of Green Gables books are free for Kindle. I've read two in the last week; there are eight. Every page is brimming with imagination, cherry trees named "Snow Queen," dryads, stone cottages, romance, and rooms a bower with flowers.

If you haven't read the books or seen the movies, you're seriously missing out. Anne has been my oldest and dearest friend since I was a small girl; she's the reason that visiting Prince Edward Island is on my bucket list, and the reason I know how to spell "chrysanthemum"; and yes, I know she's fictional.


image via Blomsterverkstad

All of that to say this:

Life is wonderful, and it is so good to be alive. Pity those who are not born yet, because they will never get to see today and love it for what it is.

Also, pity my poor husband. I think I might be driving him a little bit crazy with all of my dreaming about flowers and gardens. ;-)


image via Pinterest

This past week has been a little bit hectic for us, what with both of us still getting over this sinus infection/menace that has been plaguing us for the last 2 weeks. I know I'm getting sick so much because it's my first year of teaching, but it doesn't mean I have to enjoy it.

The next few weeks are going to busy for us, too. This coming weekend is the annual Abandon conference, where we basically do "at-home" missions work in our own community, combined with awesome fellowship and worship. I'm really looking forward to it! After that, it's the annual church bonfire/chili-eating night, and then spring break, Josh's birthday, and Sun 'n Fun! That basically takes us right through the rest of February and March. Phew! I'm looking forward to all the wonderful fellowship coming up.

By the way, can you believe that once we get to April, Josh and I will celebrate one whole year of marriage? Can it really have been so long, yet so short?


image via Pinterest

For those of you not able to enjoy the spring-like weather yet, just wait, it's right around the corner!

Hope you have a lovely week!

Labels: ,