Summer Slowdown


I dropped the ball this week.

The idea is that my InstaFriday and Happy Sunday posts would encourage me to be more regular in my posting... this week, I didn't take a single picture, and was basically napping all afternoon yesterday.

There hasn't really been a whole lot going on lately, other than getting used to having another being in the house. Speaking of Lewa, she started puppy obedience classes this past Saturday evening. So far she only knows "Look at me" but we're working on it. She did have to make an unscheduled trip to the vet, because she has some kind of puppy cold, but they gave us a round of antibiotics and she seems to be feeling better already.


Last Monday, I kidnapped my best friend, Sarah, for a girls' day. We went and got our nails done, which is something super girly and fun which we rarely get the opportunity to do. We tried this new thing, called "gel polish" where you "bake" your nails under a UV light after every coat. It's supposed to last two or three weeks! It's been one week since I got it done, and I love it! I'll let you know how long it lasts, and if I decide to do it again!

Summer is slowing down, and coasting to a close. I officially have just one month left before works starts back up for me - we had our first meeting on Friday, and I am excited to see how this next year is going to play out! We're revamping a couple things, and it should be great, even though I'm not looking forward to waking up at 6am every day again.

Josh and I were pretty excited (okay, maybe I was a bit more excited than he was) to watch the Olympics Opening Ceremony, as we're both big fans of British television, literature, and history. Did anybody else catch the TARDIS whoosh in the music?

What is your favorite game of the Summer Olympics?

Labels: