Aug 9, 2012

Meditation of My Heart

Pinterest

The word I would use to describe this past week would be: off. Everything was just kind of "off." Neither one of us felt great, and I know that I was in a super bizarre mood until about Tuesday. Luckily, Josh was able to get off a little earlier yesterday, and due to bad weather had to postpone his night flight; it was good for both of us to have that little extra time to relax, watch some of the Olympics, and shamelessly eat a bowl of ice cream.

I've been thinking a lot about my post on how I use my voice, and have been trying to implement it into my daily life; I'll be honest with you, it has not be as easy as I thought it would. I don't want to just talk about the shallow, I want to get real and talk/write about things that matter to me. This week has also showed me that loving words need to begin with loving listening as well as loving thoughts. It's easy to say something sweet and sound perfectly loving, but if I'm harboring a hard heart or thoughts, then my words are just smoke in the air.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." -Psalm 19:14
That pretty much says everything right there.  : )