Summer Farewell

{image source}
I apologize for the slow posting this week, I took it easy all week and said a nice and relaxed farewell to summer. Tomorrow morning Josh and I are leaving to visit some friends at their beach house for the weekend. When we get back, it'll be time to hit the ground running - school starts on Monday morning, bright and early. To be honest, it will be nice to get back into a routine again. My hours have changed a little bit, but the Lord has opened up some {possible} opportunities for growth and future building - it should be very exciting!

What's not exciting is this.


Tropical Storm Isaac. Apparently, there's some kind of "jinx" on storms with "I" names, because they've been particularly costly in some form or another in years past. We'll see if we can come out unscathed this year, and keep Isaac from being retired. Since I'm a pilot's wife, I'm not supposed to like hurricanes at all, but I have to admit, I've always found them to be fascinating - I guess I must have been a hurricane chaser in my previous life {just kidding, those people are delightfully crazy}. We might have to take time off of school just as soon as we start, although doing school by candlelight isn't too bad either. hah.

I hope you have a lovely weekend! Check back later for pictures from our beach trip this weekend!