Sweetness to the Soul

Pinterest
I think one of the first verses I ever learned was this one:
"Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body." - Proverbs 16:24
It was printed on the cover of my Bible case, and was something that I always strove to implement in my life. No matter my situation - I wanted my words to be "sweetness to the soul" -- to my soul, as well as to those who heard my words. This means that they are edifying, uplifting, encouraging, loving, truthful, kind, gentle, and gracious. They need to be that even when I don't feel like being any of those things, especially when I'm frustrated or upset. And if I can't find something to say that would be sweet to the soul, then I try to say nothing {ideally, I would pray during that quietness, but that doesn't always happen}, until the Lord softens my heart and I can see the situation through His eyes. Once that happens, sweet words are far from difficult to find. Just some more thoughts... it's a process, folks.

Our sweet little Lewa is doing really well since she's settled in with us, and we're discovering all of her little quirks. Josh has been keeping busy at the flight school, but has been fighting with the thunderstorms that pop up every afternoon. I have two more weeks of summer; we're trying to see if we can get over to the beach or the river for at least one day before everything picks back up again.

I hope you had a lovely weekend!!
p.s. I created a Facebook page for my little blog, partly so that I can stay organized, but hopefully so that you can easily find and follow my postings, too. If you feel so inclined, go and "like" the page - there's a small box on the right of this screen, or you can follow the Facebook button at the top of this page. Thanks! xx

Labels: , ,