Lost Words

I've been struggling for words this week. I've started this post at least a dozen times, with no luck. For some reason, it feels like once we passed evaluation my words dried up. It's not that I've been too busy to write, I just haven't had anything to say; - even while I have so much stored up that I want to say. Maybe I'm trying to be careful, and not step on anyone's toes. Maybe I think you'll get tired of me talking about our preparations to go to the mission field, or my personal journey as we go there. Maybe I'm afraid that if I talk about it, then I'll make the people I love sad.

photo courtesy of Pinterest
The truth is: we are going to the mission field. But guess what? We always were. That was always our goal; - first as individuals, and then together as husband and wife. God called us to serve, and we're doing our best to follow His plan.

The only thing that changed, is that we have wheels on our calling now {or should I say wings?}. Our focus narrowed - the road the Lord set before us before we were born turned a corner and became a narrow path. And because of that, our lives are just a little bit different; so who I am and what I write will be just a little bit different, too.

Please, please, please don't mistake me for being "holier than thou" or "putting on airs" or anything like that. Please don't put a big, glittering sign that says "Missionary" over my head, or expect me to know everything about the Bible, or spout inspired utterances and sermons. It won't happen. I'm just Erin; a sinner saved by grace through the blood of Jesus Christ, who starts sentences with "and," gets sentimental over characters in books, and frets over hair color {it's a long story, but one I plan to tell soon} - and that's just today! This is where I am today, right here and right now, and it's exciting. Don't you like to talk about things that are exciting?

On that note, here's what we've accomplished so far:
-We submitted the pre-questionnaire to NTM; basically just a little about us, our testimonies, qualifications, and information about our church. We've heard from them a little, asking for more specific information, got a copy of the required reading list, and expect to hear from them fairly soon.
-We submitted a letter to our home church asking them to commission and send us out with their support.
-Josh passed his Multi-Engine Commercial check ride yesterday - the one license he still needed.

Hopefully, my words will come back to me soon. Until then, let me just say thanks. Thanks for always reading and listening to my rambles. And thanks for supporting us as we walk this path the Lord has laid for us. {See, I did it again - started another sentence with "and."}

Labels: ,