St. Paddy's Shepherd's Pie


Happy St. Paddy's Day, to you! I hope you're having a great weekend.

I have no real proof of being Irish... my great grandmother's last name was Kidd, and we're pretty sure she was from Scotland; but other than my name being Erin (the name of the Emerald Isle, herself!) and having a face of freckles, I have no ties to Ireland. However, the story of St. Patrick is extraordinary and inspiring. Go check it out!

Since this weekend people all over the world are making their best Irish food and drinking green beer or Guinness, I thought I would share one of my favorite and easiest go-to recipes, which happens to be quite Irish -- Shepherd's Pie. Have this with a fresh salad and some good bread {green beer or Guinness optional}. It's also great to make ahead and stick in the freezer for an easy week-night supper.

Enjoy!

Shepherd's Pie
(printable recipe here)

Labels: , ,