Mar 26, 2013

Surprise!

I'm back! Sorry it's been so quiet around here lately. The last week was so crazy, it literally flew past. Every day was packed with something from the time I got up til the time I went to bed. Then Friday we took off for a weekend of camping with members of our church, and didn't get back until Monday afternoon.

Anyways, Tuesday was Josh's birthday. He doesn't like people making a big fuss over his birthday, so I planned on doing nothing that day, except maybe go out to dinner. Well, at one point, Josh mentioned a "birthday dinner" as if I had planned a surprise party. I hadn't, but suddenly it seemed like a good idea. So I did.
 Now, Josh is the hardest person in the world to surprise {or I'm just the easiest person in the world to read}. I planned for two days. I told him I would cook that night, and that if he didn't let me that he would be stealing my joy. I just knew that he would discover my plan. The day of, I picked him up from work, and when we got home he got so excited and said "Surprise!" Gulp. I just about died.

So I got some of my nervousness out by "surprising" him with a cake and his present.

I think it came out so cute! White cake with white frosting and white spearmint lifesavers. Josh loved it! Shortly after, I began cooking our "romantic" spaghetti dinner; and shortly after that, our friends arrived and completely surprised him! It worked.


I even managed to sneak helium balloons in to complete the party atmosphere! I gave Josh a book of "birthday coupons" -- let me just say, this is the best {customized + free!} present you can possibly give a guy. I put in coupons for: foot rubs, back rubs, head scratches, dessert of his choice, and his personal favorite, a pass to put away his laundry.

We spent the rest of the evening playing cards and just having a good time.

And I admit to being more than a little bit proud of pulling off a successful surprise party for him!

Happy Birthday, to my best friend, Josh! I love you!