Surprise!

I'm back! Sorry it's been so quiet around here lately. The last week was so crazy, it literally flew past. Every day was packed with something from the time I got up til the time I went to bed. Then Friday we took off for a weekend of camping with members of our church, and didn't get back until Monday afternoon.

Anyways, Tuesday was Josh's birthday. He doesn't like people making a big fuss over his birthday, so I planned on doing nothing that day, except maybe go out to dinner. Well, at one point, Josh mentioned a "birthday dinner" as if I had planned a surprise party. I hadn't, but suddenly it seemed like a good idea. So I did.
 Now, Josh is the hardest person in the world to surprise {or I'm just the easiest person in the world to read}. I planned for two days. I told him I would cook that night, and that if he didn't let me that he would be stealing my joy. I just knew that he would discover my plan. The day of, I picked him up from work, and when we got home he got so excited and said "Surprise!" Gulp. I just about died.

So I got some of my nervousness out by "surprising" him with a cake and his present.

I think it came out so cute! White cake with white frosting and white spearmint lifesavers. Josh loved it! Shortly after, I began cooking our "romantic" spaghetti dinner; and shortly after that, our friends arrived and completely surprised him! It worked.


I even managed to sneak helium balloons in to complete the party atmosphere! I gave Josh a book of "birthday coupons" -- let me just say, this is the best {customized + free!} present you can possibly give a guy. I put in coupons for: foot rubs, back rubs, head scratches, dessert of his choice, and his personal favorite, a pass to put away his laundry.

We spent the rest of the evening playing cards and just having a good time.

And I admit to being more than a little bit proud of pulling off a successful surprise party for him!

Happy Birthday, to my best friend, Josh! I love you!

Labels: ,