Camping

Happy Tuesday! I hope you had a great Easter weekend, celebrating the life and resurrection of Christ Jesus! We had a wonderful, beautiful Holy Week and Easter morning. We went to the sunrise service, lunch with my parents, then an afternoon of sleepy fellowship with another group from church. I've been singing resurrection songs all week - guess it's not the worst thing to have stuck in your head ever.

I meant to get this out yesterday, but I spent a good part of the day doing all of my menu planning and shopping, before a teacher's meeting to get ready for the last quarter. It's weird that we only have 8 weeks of school left! It's also a tiny bit scary, because it feels like all of our deadlines for the mission and moving are coming up like a train with no brakes. Guess I'd better get a start on that reading list...

The Suwanee River - {the state of Florida's song}
Last weekend, Josh and I went camping with a group from our church. We went to a delightful RV resort in Old Town, Florida; it had RV sites, cabins, and tent sites to accommodate everyone in our group, as well as a pavilion and club house which we could use. There were even ponds to fish in, a wood-stove heated pool and jacuzzi, and trails to hike. It was nice to relax, fellowship with others from our church, get to know some people we didn't before, and play lots, and lots, and lots of cards {hand and foot!}.

The weather was typical Florida - the first night was freezing, the second night was steaming, and the third night was back to cold. On top of that, it rained for two of the three days we were there. All in all, it was a lovely weekend away, and we can't wait to go camping again!

So glad my best friend Sarah came, too!
My absolute worst nightmare ever. I may or may not have had a slight panic attack when these began popping.
Palm Sunday service. Great message by Chrishon!
How did you kick off Spring break? What do you do when you go camping?
P.S. I'm working on a tutorial for a fun DIY project! Check back later this week to see it!

Labels: , , , ,