Sunny Days and Rainy Afternoons

It's been summer for one week, well, by the school calendar anyways... you know how Florida is with summer and all. It's like its favorite season! It has been so humid you almost need a respirator just to walk outside, and so hot, you feel like you're melting. Maybe all of the humidity is from the people melting? Yucky. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the thunderstorms we have every afternoon...

I can almost hear Josh now, "Yucky?! You spend too much time around kids." He laughs when I use words or phrases from kids... but it just comes okay? Don't be such a meanie-face.

This week has felt strange to me, because I don't have something to do every single day. I've been able to clean house, try new recipes, and stitch {on my new cross stitch pattern!} to my heart's content. I tweaked some things on the blog, too, because I needed something fresh and a little more whimsical and happy. I'm easily satisfied. Although, I've kind of ignored my summer to-do list that has to be finished before we leave in August.

Speaking of happy, we went to the river on Saturday with a bunch of friends! We cooked out, threw the football, swam, and just spent time together. Of course, I had every intention of taking pictures, but I got so caught up in the beauty of my favorite river in the world, that I forgot.

The Rainbow River.
Come on, how can you not love this place? Saturday also happened to be my brother's twentieth birthday, which makes me feel old. He's not a teenager anymore. Happy birthday, budmeister!

Hope your summer is off to a wonderful start! Do you have any summer plans? I'd love to hear about them!

Labels: , ,