Catch Up

I can't believe it's already been two weeks since I last wrote here. Time absolutely flew by! We're down to the last 3 weeks of the semester; I think being so busy makes the time go by faster. I finally have a moment to breathe, and maybe take a nap. :)

Let me try and bring you up to speed on what's been going on around here...

Last week it snowed for a whole day. It stuck on the ground for about two days before it melted. It's very, very pretty, but I'm not sure I'd want to live in it for a long time.


Thursday was "Special Emphasis" day, which means you have no classes, but you're in the chapel all morning with a special speaker. This time it was some tribal church planters from Papua New Guinea. It's such a blessing to see God work through His people!

Some of you probably know, and if not then you've probably guessed, that we're really working on raising our support level so that we can go to the field next year. It's a little bit harder when you're only temporarily in one place. But  Josh always says, "God is rarely early, and never late; when we need it, God will bring it." How true that is! Rather unexpectedly, we were invited to come and share with the missions committee of one of the churches we've visited up here yesterday. It was just an informal "get-to-know-you" kind of meeting to see what we're up to and get connected, but they were so kind to us that we couldn't help but be encouraged! It thrills my heart to see other people as excited about missions as we are!

This weekend there was a Murder Mystery Theater event, and the theme was the 20's and 30's. Everyone dressed up in their best flapper and mobster attire and we figured out "who dunnit." Josh and I did the best we could with what we had in our closet (plus some borrowed shoes and hat from our friends).
Doesn't he look absolutely dashing?!

We're going to be staying here for Thanksgiving, as Josh only has that one day off of work (even though we have 3 days off of class). The other side of that, is that they let Josh have our whole break off for Christmas, so we're heading to where it's warm! :)

It's been really cold up here, and super windy, which makes the cold even worse in my opinion. You will rarely find me without a warm cup of something to hold on to. It makes for a fantastic excuse to have people over for tea (which I find myself doing a lot more up than ever before). I love how comfortable talking over a cuppa tea or coffee is. You have something in common already and all the walls come down for true fellowship. Why don't we have afternoon tea and visits in America? People would be so much more pleasant.

I think that's all for now. I hope it's warm wherever you're reading this, and that you have a wonderful Monday afternoon!

Labels: , ,