DIY Christmas Decor

 Yesterday I shared these little paper pretties that I made as Christmas decorations. They're ridiculously easy to put together, and look so sweet. Bonus: if you already have scrapbook paper, this is a freebie!

Go download the template for the stars here. The original post I followed is by "Homemade Gifts Made Easy." Since I'm not sure how copyright stuff works on here, let me be clear, I did NOT make this template, it belongs to Homemade Gifts Made Easy. I'm just sharing the love. Is that okay? I won't get in trouble now, right? Right?!
Christmas Stars
1) Gather your materials. You'll need:

2) Trace and cut out two stars from your paper.
3) Fold each side in half, opening it in between each fold.
4) There should be 3 lines that line up with the 3 "notches" you cut out.
5) It should pinch together on those lines, like so.
6) Line up the "notches" on both of them, and fit them together like a puzzle.
7) Ta-dah! A star is born.
Aren't they sweet hanging over the breakfast bar? I used a needle and some fishing line to hang them up. I could see these being made for 4th of July or New Years, too!
Christmas Circles
1) Gather your materials. You'll need:
2) Trace your circles. Use that paper to best advantage!
3) Cut out your circles.
4) Fold each circle in half
5) I used six circles for each "ornament," but you could use more if you wanted it to be fuller.
6) Stack all of the circles together.
7) Staple then together in the center.
8) Bend and fold them out into a full circle "ornament."
9) Again, I used a needle and some fishing line to thread several together to make a bunting garland.
Here they are all together, hanging over our bed. We don't have a headboard, so this is what I do. Make decorations out of paper. Hey, at least it was free. :) I think it would look enchanting with a teensy strand of lights right in the middle there, but this is what I have to work this. I love it! Next I'm going to try and make my own wreath, or maybe some cut out words for the empty wall in the hallway.

P.S. Yes, I am aware that it looks like a face with a big creepy grin. Or a dragon. I'm just going to say that it was on purpose. ;)

Let me know if you try them, or maybe send me a picture. I'd love to see your take on it!

Labels: , ,