Chocolate Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies

If you've been on Pinterest at all lately, you'll notice a huge trend in cookies. Particularly, breakfast cookies. Yep, cookies for breakfast.

Yesterday, I was inspired to try my hand at my very own breakfast cookies. A quick google search later and I found these. I had most of the ingredients in my pantry already, so I decided to just go for it and tweak as I went.

I would not classify these as primarily a breakfast cookie, as they can be eaten anytime of the day. I added some ingredients that I already had, and didn't include those ingredients that I didn't have (duh). Next time I would like to add dried fruit and other seeds/nuts.

Enjoy your cookies for breakfast!
Chocolate Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
(see original recipe here - makes 12 BIG cookies, or 16 regular)
printable recipe here
As you can see, I just used what I had on hand. You could absolutely add or subtract anything you wanted to this recipe! I used unsweetened cocoa powder, so mine were a little less sweet than I would have liked, but they are still yummy! They're so easy to grab for a quick breakfast, or an afternoon snack with a cup of coffee!

Labels: , , ,