raw salted caramel sauce

Are you a care-a-mell person, or a car-ml person? I'm a car-ml person; care-a-mell just sounds snooty to my ears. However you say it, I love the stuff; and since Josh decidedly does not like it, there's plenty for me!

I mentioned in my last post how I was involved in a ladies night of Christmas card assembly, and how I brought snacks, including a caramel sauce that was a huge hit with the ladies! It was such a big hit, and I had so many requests for the recipe, that I decided to share the recipe love instead of just emailing it to those people.

I never thought that I could make caramel, but this is a raw sugar caramel that is super easy, and you don't need a candy thermometer to do it!

Raw Salted Caramel Sauce
printable recipe here
I served this with "fruit nachos." Sliced apples, bananas, and strawberries with this homemade caramel sauce, coconut whipped cream, and dark chocolate chips. There were ladies there with gluten and dairy intolerances (and me with my sugar intolerance) and everyone enjoyed all of the fruit nachos. The plate was clean within 40 minutes! 

And I may or may not have definitely added a dollop of coconut whipped cream and a drizzle of this caramel sauce to my coffee for my own {refined sugar free} caramel latte. Mmmm!

I'm definitely planning on making this again.

Labels: , ,