apple + rosemary, buttermilk quick bread

A few weeks ago while scrolling through Instagram, I stumbled on a picture by Beth, the blogger behind Local Milk, of a recipe she had just made.

I think I began salivating right then and there, because I immediately went out and got the ingredients to make this. I liked it so much that I made it twice more that week so I could give some away. It's that good, y'all.
She describes it as warm + sweet, perfect for an unexpected guest for tea, or a random craving. I describe it as heaven in a bite.

This recipe makes one small loaf (or several delicious pancakes!), but you could easily double it to fit a regular loaf pan. I wrapped mine in baking paper + twine, plus these super cute bread wrappers I found on Pinterest. Social media for the win!
Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like I'll have guests for coffee/tea more often in PNG than I do here in the States since it's what you do in most cultures around the world, but I've noticed that Americans are kind of bad at that. Anyways, I'm looking forward to making this no matter where in the world I am!

I'm salivating again.

Apple + Rosemary, Buttermilk Quickbread
(printable recipe here)
Bonus buttermilk recipe:
If you're like me, you never buy buttermilk. You only ever need a cup or so, and unfortunately, you can't just buy what you need. Well, instead of buying buttermilk just to have most of it go bad, you can make your own!

I realize that most cooking veterans already know this trick. But I think it's awesome. Don't burst my bubble, guys.

•Pour milk into a jar that has a lid.
•Add about 1 tablespoon per 1 cup of milk of plain, white vinegar.
•Give it a good shake and let it sit for several minutes.
•TADA! Buttermilk.
You're welcome. Now go make this and invite me over!

Labels: , , ,