little coconut

WE’RE HAVING A BABY!

Sorry, I just had to get that out. :-) You understand, right? 

Here’s the quick baby facts:
·      Currently 10 weeks (2.5 months)
·      Due 20 November 2017
·      Feeling good days and feeling bad days
·      Tired
·      Baby brain (I seriously used to be smart, y’all!)
·      Checkups show all is normal
·      The plan is to leave in September on maternity leave, and return to PNG sometime in March or April.

After Josh and I got married (six years ago, y’all!) I had baby fever. I was sure that Josh would resent me and our child for my nagging. And so I prayed that God would take away my desire for children, and that when it was His time for us to have kids, Josh would be the one to bring it up. Well, God answered my secret prayer! We are both overjoyed to be growing our family!


So besides that very exciting news, Josh has been incredibly busy flying. March was the busiest month we’ve ever had. There were 2 area conferences (on opposite sides of the country), a new tribe being allocated (house building materials being moved in), school break, and several medivacs. Not to mention, two of our pilots with school age kids took their break during that time, because it was the only time they could. Josh flew over 100 hours, approximately three times more than his usual average of 35 hours a month. Things are finally starting to slow down, and Josh and I were finally able to take a break, after almost a year of trying. We spent our anniversary weekend at our favorite coastal town, sitting by the ocean and soaking up the sun. You have no idea how necessary that was for us; there is something so restoring about having no agendas, just sun, sea, and a steady supply of ice cold Cokes. :-)

Labels: , , , ,