Life-Changing Video

Howdy! Don't judge... No one says that up here, so I have to get my fix in somehow.

It's the little things, guys.

We've been keeping busy, as you would expect from a couple of students. This weekend we cranked out three papers a piece, a week and a half of reading, and a whole book. The whole school is preparing for "Field Day" this coming weekend - freshman vs juniors + seniors; I'm on the freshman coed softball team, I'll let you know how we do! Josh started his new job today at a local flight school - thanks for praying the Lord would provide!

I could fill this post up with lots of random, irrelevant stuff from this week, but what I really wanted to share today was this video.

We watched it in chapel the other day. One of the missionaries speaking, Ron Lindsey, is the President here at NTBI Waukesha. It's the story of the Siawi people in Papua New Guinea, and their brand new Bible that they can hold in their hands and read whenever they want, in their own heart language. I was quietly trying to hide my tears as we watched this. I couldn't help but be filled with excitement that we get to go and be a part of that, as well as incredible sadness that we aren't there yet, and pride that we are part of something so much bigger than us. (And maybe a little bit of selfish pride that one day, Josh might be the pilot flying in a new Bible to a tribe). Over and over again, I get confirmation that we are right where God wants us - and that's going to Papua New Guinea. How can it be anything different, when I'm already so much in love with a people I've never even met, in a country where I've never even been, that I am brought to tears by the thought of living among them and sharing God's love with them? And I am overwhelmed that God would choose me, little ol' me, with all of my flaws and quirks and brokenness to be His hands and feet.

You can follow the link above, or copy and paste this into your browser to watch:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201214813466964

It's totally worth the thirteen minutes it takes to watch this video, but I warn you, it's a tear-jerker.

Labels: , , , , ,