Our First Little Christmas Story; Part 3: Food

Since we now have just one week until Christmas, and I am so excited to be hosting Christmas dinner, I thought I would share what's going on this week, and what we're planning on eating.

(image via Pinterest/Craig A. Rose)

As you already know, we received a wonderful surprise present, in the form of Josh's dad last week. So we've been spending all week hanging out with him, and we have immensely enjoyed having him around! Last night, we went to watch Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - and it was fantastic! I've also discovered that some of the best instrumental music in movies (such as Sherlock Holmes and Pirates of the Caribbean) are the bar scenes. Huh.

Okay, so back to food. Right now, the menu looks like this:


However, I'm debating between a few things for dessert: peanut butter pie, chocolate chip cookie dessert, and metskoek (a kind of cookie layer cake).

What do you think? Tell me what to make! Because right now, I would like all three; but I can't, because then... I'd gain about 30 pounds.


Our plans for the weekend include the Christmas Eve candle light service, Christmas morning at a friend's house, church on Christmas morning, and then my family comes over for the afternoon and dinner. We're going to take it slow, relax, and just enjoy the reason for the season.

By the way, I've discovered that more than just my family and immediate friends read my blog! This is kind of a big deal for me. I'm totally feeling the love, and I can't say thank you enough!

Until next week,

Merry Christmas!! <3

Labels: , ,