A Picnic and A Suitcase

Whew! It's been quite a week for us! It started off with the church picnic {remember last year?} on Sunday after church, and then a birthday party for our dear "Mama H" after that. Then things got pretty real for me this week.


Our names appeared in the church bulletin and the prayer chain emails this week, asking for prayer as we head for our evaluation on Tuesday. People are calling us "the new missionary family" in church now, which is a little bit strange for me, and I'm having to learn a few things because of it; I'm planning on writing about that soon. But what really made things real for me was this: my suitcase arrived. And I cried.

This is going to sound crazy, but seriously. My suitcase arrived, the one we searched for, the one I was so excited about, the one I posted pictures about, and talked about - arrived on my doorstep on Tuesday. I was super excited until I got it out of the box, and then I sobbed like my heart was broken. I can't really explain why, but I did.

You guys get front row seats to our journey to the field and beyond. The good days, the bad days, and the oh-my-goodness she's crazy  super weird days. Congratulations{?!}.

Anyways, I really just wanted to share some pictures from the church picnic, since last year I wasn't a big bad blogger {because I totally am this year, right? hah.}

Josh playing ping-pong.
TWO more baptisms!
(the two sisters {on the right} with their family)
Woohoo! Welcome Reena and Priya!

Sarah and Lisa.
We love a reason to sing praises to our Lord!
This coming Sunday is Youth Sunday at our church, and then Josh and I head to Arizona for our evaluation on Tuesday {we have to leave our house at two in the morning!}. Thank you for praying for us, as we're both a little nervous of the unknown, even though we know that the Lord has gone and is going before and with us.

Labels: