It's Fall, Y'all!

If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, then you've probably seen that we have been living it up this fall, y'all. It's the first true fall I've really experienced for more than a few weeks at a time. I've learned that I kind of have a love-hate relationship with it.
I love the beautiful leaves, and the remarkable colors of everything.
I don't love the gray skies and rain and cold.
...haha, that made me think of one of the first blogs I ever wrote, where I talk about my dislike of cold + rain + gray...
I love the cozy sweaters and scarves and boots.
I love the warm drinks and snuggles.
I don't love that the wind cuts through every layer you have on and still makes you cold.

No matter what, though, it's beautiful to look at up here, and I just have to realize that I'm not in Florida anymore, and deal with the cold. (For the record, a cold Erin is not really a happy Erin).
Not too much has changed around here besides the weather, obviously. We've been blessed to spend time with friends, and talk to people who are so good at just lifting you up and being an encouragement to you. And I just keep reminding myself that God is a God of Seeing, no matter what I see or feel.

What an amazing balm that is to the heart!

You know what else is good for the heart? Fellowship, and carving pumpkins. The deans of marrieds invited all the married students to carve pumpkins this weekend, and I can't even tell you how much fun that was! I carved the sun, of course.
The pumpkin-carving married ladies of NTBI Waukesha
 


Happy Fall, Y'all!! Stay warm! ;)

Labels: ,