Our Christmas Story: Decorating 12/12/12

Santa and Mrs. Clause salt/pepper shakers
 Merry Christmas! It's December now, so I can say that. :)

See all of last year's Christmas posts here: {Part 1}, {Part 2}, {Part 3}, and {Part 4}.

Well, today is 12/12/12, the last repetitive date that we'll see in our lifetime. You know, it would be pretty cool to turn twelve today - talk about the ultimate golden birthday.

We finally got our decorating done. It's simple and sweet, without being over the top. Our tree is still held together with pencils and bobbi pins, and our ornaments are still hung with paper clips. The weather has been in the upper 70's all week, so it looks like it'll be another typical Florida Christmas in shorts this year.



Gah, I love it! This is the beautiful quilt that my dear MIL made for me last year. I couldn't wait to get it hung up! This year it's hanging over our dinner table.


We still have our star from last year, and newlywed Mickey and Minnie are still blissfully hanging in our tree, but we've added some new ones, too. The apple is a gift from one of my students, and the chickadee is the Mr. to a Mrs. chickadee elsewhere in the tree, a gift from my mom last year.

Things are going to get a little bit crazy around here for the next couple of weeks. Saturday is a big workday at our church to put up a building for an Eagle Scout project, then it's wedding prep as my brother graduates from Cavalry Scout school on the 18th and gets married on the 21st, and then Christmas is the 25th. Once again, I get to host Christmas dinner - and I am so excited! We're doing ham, potatoes, stuffing, green beans, rolls, and dessert. This year is going to be very small and very simple. Even though it's been a bit difficult to get into the holiday spirit lately {my theory is that it's because people started decorating and playing Christmas music before Halloween!}, we're looking forward to being with those we love and just relaxing.

Especially the relaxing part.

Just kidding.

I am very ready for Christmas break though; and I have fully embraced the fact that Christmas break is for the teachers, and not so much for the students.

Take heart, dear ones, Friday is almost here!

Labels: , ,